Did you know that the human stomach contains Hydrochloric Acid? It isfound in Gastric Acid which is a key part of the human digestive system. Gastric Acid works by activating digestive enzymes in the stomach which help to break down food contents.
Hydrochloric Acid varies in strength. If you are working with this chemical you must read the MSDS provided by your Hydrochloric Acid supplier before starting a job. Always wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including approved eye protection, compatible safety gloves, safety boots and safety coveralls. Concentrated Hydrochloric Acid should be handled under fume extraction. This chemical is also known as Muriatic Acid or Spirits of Salt. It is commonly referred to by its chemical formula HCl.
Here are 10 uses of Hydrochloric Acid
- To ‘pickle’ steel. This is a process whereby rust and scale is removed from steel sheet or coil with the use of a dilute solution of Hydrochloric Acid. The metal can then be processed
- To manufacture organic compounds such as Vinyl Chloride and Dichloromethane which are used to produce PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride)
- To regulate the pH level in a wide range of manufacturing and treatment processes including the production of drinking water, pharmaceuticals, beverages and foods
- In the processing of additives for the food industry including fructose, citric acid and hydrolyzed vegetable protein
- To produce inorganic compounds for water treatment including drinking water and waste water
- To neutralize the water in swimming pools making it safe for bathers
- To regenerate ion exchangers
- To process leathers in the tanning industry
- To purify common salt
- In North Sea oil production where it is used to facilitate oil well acidizing
[ بازدید : 0 ] [ امتیاز : 4 ] [ امتیاز شما : ]